Friday, June 24, 2011

POETRY: THIS IS MY TIME

***


I curse you 
And everyone who does fucked-up things like you!
You took away what had been given to me 
My innocence, my purity 

Out of many people 
I don't know why it would be you 
We belonged with the same blood line 
Yet what you did to me, you didn't mind 

I was so young and dreamy 
And you were old enough to guide me 
All I know is that I could trust you 
Yet you took advantage of me 

The mem'ries, still fresh 
As you move your hand inside my dress 
You kissed me, harassed me 
Looked into me saying nothing 
But that look served as a warning 

I was scared 
I was ashamed 
I fear about what would happen 
If I spill out your dirty secret 
So I hid myself under silence 


Years were added 
And I grew old 
Old enough to think about what had happened 
Old enough to stand up for myself 

And now I saw you 
Staring at me like a beast just like before 
But I won't let anything happen again 
This time, it would be myself who I will defend 

No one was around and you drew near me 
You held my hand and I yelled loud enough 
"This time you will not be the one who'll be satisfied!" 

In a snap, you we're lying down 
Face down on the floor, 
Blood all around 

I was laughing 
Loud and proud 
I continued my insanity 
When someone came around 

Yells and cries 
Echoed the room 
Questions of how's and why's 
Ran through my system 

I do not know the answer, 
I do not know what happened 
Moments later 
Everything sank in 

He took away my innocence 
I took away his life 
How could they say that I was wrong when it felt so right? 

They caught me off guard 
There's nothing left to do 
No more time to hide 


After all, for so many years 
I got what I want 
So I just raise my hands 
As I dropped the knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment